Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sleeping with one eye OPEN


 

With me, it’s either black or white. There is no gray.  In book lingo, that translates into either I love, love, love what I’m currently reading, or I wouldn’t even stoop to use this volume as a doorstop.

This time it’s a homerun hit right out of the happy reading ballpark.

11/22/63 is Stephen King’s back-in-time historical thriller.  I’m not a big Stephen Kind fan because he’s too, well, scary for me.

But history, yep, I’m hooked.

The premise of  the book:

On November 22, 1963, three shots rang out in Dallas, President Kennedy died, and the world changed.

What if you could change it back?

On the surface, one would think what a wonderful idea the preventing of  a national tragedy.

But once our hero, Jake, begins dabbling in “fixing” what’s wrong with the past, will it create even worse unforeseen consequences?

Does Jake accomplish his mission and prevent the JFK assassination?  Does he spend the remainder of his life in prison?  Does he ever return to the present or spend his life in idyllic, small town Texas with his emotionally damaged girlfriend Sadie?

This award-winning bestseller packs 849 pages of intrigue and when I finished it, I still wanted more.

No comments:

Post a Comment