Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Please don't return your scrolls to the Book Drop

When I was a small child, our local library was in the dark
basement of the County Courthouse. Cold,
bleak, uninviting, yet its volumes still held magic that I have never
forgotten.
The years have passed and today’s library has morphed into
an organization scarcely recognizable—yet the magic continues.
I’ve thought a lot about this--change, and how things do not
stay the same.
Will books in their present form cease to exist?
Will this technologically advanced world of e books, tablets
and other technology eat us alive?

I will admit that I love the feel of a book in my hands.
Yet, I own a “smart” device and have downloaded books and
other media to it.
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” ~ Deepak Chopra
We don’t have to be afraid.
Your Public Library is a great place to stay in touch with
your ever changing world.

In the distant past, people wrote on scrolls.
I don’t see any scrolls lying around today, and we have made
it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment